Monday, June 05, 2006

Long, long weekend...

I spent the entire weekend in Bloomington and Indianapolis covering high school track and tennis state championships. It was a lot of work, but I made some pictures I like. I decided to shoot a set of strobes at the finish line because it had a very strong back light (thanks to del sol). I got some strange looks from people. But, I showed them the results and I bet I'll see more photographers trying it next year. I am really getting into putting together a small, lightweight lighting kit that will light most anything I would need for any assignment. In my quest for more information on this type of lighting I came across a wonderful new blog named "Strobist" that gives detailed information that is exactly in line with what I am trying to do.

After last weekend covering the Indy 500 and working 40 hours in three days this weekend, I am ready for a break. I don't have long though. I will be covering the USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Indy in a couple of weeks. Some great photographers will be there and I am looking forward to observing some of their techniques.

Check out my Sports Shooter member page for some other sports photos including a gallery from the Indianapolis Colts' playoff loss the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. I just learned last night that I was accepted to participate in the third Sports Shooter Academy in Orange County, California in November. The Academy is a 5-day sports photography workshop where I will be learning to improve my sports photography and location lighting techniques from top pros. I am excited to say the least. This is a big opportunity.

Thanks for looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"All photographs and content within are produced by the author and are strictly copyright protected. No content from this site may be reused or reproduced in any way without author's written permission."