Tuesday, May 15, 2007

MMA story tomorrow

In my new writing/shooting capacity at The News-Sentinel I am given the opportunity to work on story packages - sometimes of my choice, and sometimes not. But, whether I choose a topic or not, it is a bonus to have control over the types of images I include with the story. I worked on such a package last week that will run in The News-Sentinel Thursday, May 17.

Mixed martial arts competitions are popping up all over the country. It is certainly due to a huge explosion in popularity and some claim it is the fastest growing sport in America. Having trained in martial arts for more than a decade, I was enthusiastic about writing a piece describing the sport and its growth in popularity.

This Saturday, (May 19) the Legends of Fighting Championship group is bringing its MMA show to The Plex, here in Fort Wayne. It should be an interesting show, and LFC promoter Steve Sims assured me that almost every one of the events his group puts together sells out due to the party atmosphere he's worked to create. He calls it the "ultimate party."

If you have any interest in mixed martial arts, check out The News-Sentinel on Thursday and again on Monday for the results of the LFC fight.

No comments: