Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007

This was the motley group that left my house in search of the sugar-filled delights that define Halloween. The group is comprised of my wife, my two sons, my nephew and my three nieces. We had pirates, a geisha, the scream character, a cheetah, a frog and the devil herself made an appearance.

I went out with the group to provide protection. I'm 6'3, 295 pounds, give or take a few, and tough as nails ... well at least tougher than twinkies. So, I thought my ominous presence would ward off any evil-doers. You know the kind I'm talking about - those pesky 5-year olds who run around without looking where they're going, smacking into your knees. Oh, then there are the 13-year olds who think they are funny with every prank they pull. Turns out the group didn't really need me. My wife has a pretty good handle on youngsters. She has way of imposing her will on them.

Anyway, it was a relatively uneventful Halloween. I remembered the excitement of knowing it was time to go trick-or-treating when I was much younger. Tonight, however, I think I was asleep on the couch when the announcement was made that the time had come. I'm definitely getting old.

I hope all five readers had a safe Halloween. Take care.

CR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spent 2 hours laying in the front yard scaring every kid that ventured too close. The boys were, St. Patrick (complete with a beer can and kilt), a frat boy and a jedi. I think we need professional help.

Brian