Monday, May 04, 2009

Opening of Indiana trout season

Alright, so this is a week old. I planned to write a story about a group of guys who get together every year for the opening of the Indiana inland stream trout season. Unfortunately, on the way up to their camp, I came across a huge fire at Lake James. I stopped to shoot the fire for the newspaper and in the course of everything from getting fire info to transmitting photos from a camp site to meeting a friend at the camp who was a little under the influence and wanted to talk for awhile I never made it to bed that night.



To make a long story longer, I had a very long day scheduled that Saturday as I was following the Fort Wayne Komets to Kalamazoo, Mich., to cover their playoff game. What I'm getting at here is I shot the photos but totally crashed before I could write the story then the newspaper didn't have space for it anyway. So, I am presenting the pics here, and I will write the story sometime because it's worth telling.



In any case, I hope you enjoy the photos. I wish I would have shot a few different pics, but I was running on 30+ hours of no sleep. I know - not a valid excuse. I'll try harder next time.



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"All photographs and content within are produced by the author and are strictly copyright protected. No content from this site may be reused or reproduced in any way without author's written permission."