Monday, May 04, 2009

Opening of Indiana trout season

Alright, so this is a week old. I planned to write a story about a group of guys who get together every year for the opening of the Indiana inland stream trout season. Unfortunately, on the way up to their camp, I came across a huge fire at Lake James. I stopped to shoot the fire for the newspaper and in the course of everything from getting fire info to transmitting photos from a camp site to meeting a friend at the camp who was a little under the influence and wanted to talk for awhile I never made it to bed that night.



To make a long story longer, I had a very long day scheduled that Saturday as I was following the Fort Wayne Komets to Kalamazoo, Mich., to cover their playoff game. What I'm getting at here is I shot the photos but totally crashed before I could write the story then the newspaper didn't have space for it anyway. So, I am presenting the pics here, and I will write the story sometime because it's worth telling.



In any case, I hope you enjoy the photos. I wish I would have shot a few different pics, but I was running on 30+ hours of no sleep. I know - not a valid excuse. I'll try harder next time.



















No comments: