Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Free Agency




No, this post isn't about the NFL and the problems my Steelers face with their "O" line. This post is to announce my own free agency.

I've decided it's time for me to leave my current job as a photographer/writer/videographer/editor/web person/utility player at The News-Sentinel. I plan to continue working for The News-Sentinel through October and the production of our annual basketball preview section. My last day will be Nov. 6.

The newspaper afforded me some great experiences, and I've done things I most certainly wouldn't have done otherwise. But as uncertainty continues to swirl around the organization and the industry as a whole, I figure it's time to determine my own fate.

I know it will be tough in this market. Well, it's tough in any market. The key will be convincing my potential clients that I belong on their go-to list. I've got some decent clients already lined up, and I'm excited to get started working on outdoors video productions.

***Shameless plug - If you need a shooter for your editorial or commercial photo assignment Stop by RyanVisuals.com for a look at my work.

No comments: