Monday, January 23, 2012

Gearing up

Now that the teams are known, it's time to gear up to photograph Super Bowl XLVI at Lucas Oil Stadium. Coverage plans for the game will come together, but the real planning goes in to figuring out what stories and multimedia content I will plan to produce from Super Week. There will be concerts, celebrity and player appearances , cooperate events and Media Day to plan. I've got some video interviews with players planned for Media Day, but the pieces for the rest of the week should fall into place soon.

As far as Game day goes, when you get down to it, it's really just another game. The biggest difference is the limited shooting positions due to the number of photographers, assistants, card runners, camera operators, cord pullers, audio people and others who will be on the sidelines. Dealing with all that can be tricky for the one or two-man outfit, but not impossible. This will be my third Super Bowl and fourth Super Week, so I feel I've got a decent handle on how to prepare for the game. Now, it's just getting down to it.

While I am shooting on assignment, I am also open to accept assignments during the week. So, if your company, publication or organization needs an Indiana based photographer to handle your assignments, please contact my through my website, RyanVisuals.com.

No comments: