Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Chad Ryan, Photojournalist 3.0

To quote Michael Corleone, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" Well, that's not completely the truth. While I did make a career change about four years ago, going back to my roots as an electrician, I never lost the desire to be a photojournalist running around, documenting sports and news events with cameras. So, I guess I was never really out. But now, I'm going all the way back in. Due to a couple of injuries, I've had both shoulders surgically repaired in the last four years. I'm still recovering from the second surgery, but one thing has become clear: at the tender age of 49, full-time electrical work, and all the overhead tasks associated with it, doesn't seem sustainable going forward for me. As far as the story about how I'm both a photojournalist and a journeyman electician, well, I'll save that for another day. It's long. It involved having a Plan and a Plan B. Suffice it to say, I'm kicking off Plan C now. So, I'll start populating this site once again with photos and videos I've made. I'll even throw in some commentary occasionally. But either way, after a long absence from this site, I'm back.

No comments: