Thursday, January 03, 2008

Weekend's over

I keep a pretty crazy schedule these days. My weekend usually happens on Monday and Tuesday. If you shoot sports for a living, you have to be there when they're playing - nights and weekends. Sometimes it stinks, but I do get the occasional Saturday or Sunday off. This weekend will be one of those times when I'll have Sunday off thanks to the Colts who picked up a bye in the first round of the playoffs.

Now, of course, if someone wants me to cover the Pittsburgh vs. Jacksonville game I would certainly give consideration to that. Considering the chances of that happening are slim, I'm hoping we still have snow on the ground or get some fresh snow. I'd like to take my two boys out to the sledding hills. My older son always has a blast sledding, and I'd like to take my seven-month-old on his first trip down one of the small hills. Besides, I'd have to get pictures of the little guy all bundled up in his blizzard suit. He's become quite a little adventurer already. I think he would have fun sledding once or twice.


In any case, now that my weekend's over it's back to work for me. I have a pretty full slate of basketball and wrestling this week, not to mention some portraits of swimmers that have to be done soon. I need to force myself to change up my basketball coverage. I think my pictures need a new look, probably because I've shot so many basketball games lately it's hard for the pictures to not look similar. I'm think I'll choose some different angles from which to shoot.


Oh ... one other thing. I know this is premature, but I want to throw it out there right now. If, the Colts should make it to the Superbowl this year I will be looking to find a local group of fans who might consider driving to the game in Arizona. Ideally, I would like to find some fans travelling in an RV that I can follow out there and do a photo story on their trip. If anyone out there knows of a group of fans (or fanatics) who might consider a trip like this, please put them in contact with me through this blog.

No comments: