Sunday, June 15, 2008

NASCAR at MIS




Here I am today at Michigan International Speedway just outside of Brooklyn, Mich., getting ready to shoot the LifeLock 400 Sprint Cup Series race. It's been a long weekend, and I'm looking forward to getting this race in and heading home. I drove up here, which is nice little 2-hour drive, on Friday to get story material on qualifying day, then ran back home to prepare to photograph my sister's wedding. Wedding day took a bit longer than I'd hoped, but they all do. So, after the reception, I drove back up here to Michigan last night to get ready for today. I think I have about a total of 7 hours of sleep for the weekend, but I will hit this race just as hard as everything else I shoot. This is my second NASCAR race, and the first of four that I am scheduled to cover this summer.




To all the fathers out there, including my own, Happy Fathers' Day.

No comments: