Friday, June 06, 2008

Playing around



It's summer break for the kids, and for them that means ... well, I don't know what it means anymore. I used to play ball, ride my bike all over town and just generally be a nuisance. But whatever I did it was outside and usually away from my sisters.

The first thing that came to mind for my older son was, of course, video games. I encourage him to get outside as much as possible, but I think he and all of his friends are caught in the digital trap. I'm sure we'll get a chance to go out and play some golf together this summer, and I'll keep encouraging him to go on a bike ride or something, but for this first week of summer break I'm cool with some video game play.

So, tonight we'll break out the Guitar Hero and do some thrashing. What?? If you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em, eh?

Now we just have to figure out which version to play.

2 comments:

Sarah A. Miller said...

whoa! sweet pic. guitar hero usually doesn't make for good photos (i know bc i've tried), but you really made it work!! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Sarah. It's funny what you come up with at midnight just hanging out with a 12-year old on summer break.