Friday, May 30, 2008

Screaming Light

The light at Wizards stadium was just screaming on Wednesday. I decided to use it to my advantage and get some pics in the paper that we never run. there were certain plays where I wish I'd been in a different location, but I wanted to hold steady on the light. during this time of year, right about 7-8 p.m. the shadows from the stadium overtake the infield, but the pitcher is bathed in a shaft of sunlight while standing on the mound.






I worked the sun as long as I could, and I think I got some nice stuff that might be just plain if not for the light. You work with what you've got, and durinng a long baseball season, something different is ALWAYS good. I could shoot action at second base all day long, but once we get into May, that angle is dead. Time to look for something else.










I'm scheduled to shoot the Detroit Tigers' game against the Cleveland Indians next Sunday, so I'm hoping, weather permitting, the practice shooting different angles and watching the light will pay off then.

3 comments:

Perry Reichanadter said...

Love the shadow one!

Perry Reichanadter said...

I love the shadow one!

Chad Ryan said...

Thanks again for the comment.