Sunday, July 13, 2008

LifeLock.com 400

Just a quick update before I get on the road home. Kyle Busch won yet another race after passing Jimmie Johnson on a restart with two laps to go in Saturday's LifeLock.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill. Although Johnson looked to have the race won until a late caution came out, Busch dominated the race, leading 165 of 267 laps. Carl Edwards had a strong chance until a mechanical problem forced him to pit. To see more of my photos from the race, head over to my News-Sentinel racing photo blog: Up To Speed.










4 comments:

Perry Reichanadter said...

Love the sunset picture! I would have ran Saturday night if I had it. AP didn't move squat by midnight. I ended up calling the Tribune for a picture. They gave us a few solid celebration shots. But I'm always looking for something different when I'm working the desk.

Chad Ryan said...

Thanks for the comment. That was absolutely one of the best sunsets I've ever seen.

What picture desk are you working? I gathered from your profile that you run a Wedding biz. I hear you on the AP thing. You can pretty much count on the plain, must-get photos from them. I work pretty hard to get pictures they don't move because I work for an afternoon paper. In order to run something different than our morning counterpart, we need photos that are different than what the AP sends out.

Perry Reichanadter said...

I'm a picture editor and photographer at The Indianapolis Star. Yeah, AP has really fallen apart over the years. Getty's really the service that runs better photographs, but we no longer subscribe to them.

Chad Ryan said...

Oh, that's cool. I find myself shooting alongside the Matts - Kryger and Deitrich (sp?) - quite often. In fact, I'll be covering the Brickyard this weekend, so I'm sure I'll run into some of your guys there.

Thanks again for the comment.