Sunday, February 24, 2008

Two hitter

I've been slacking lately as I'm still trying to get over a whirlwind week of travel, covering two IU basketball games while battling a nasty bout of the flu or a cold or something. In a few hours, I'll be off to Notre Dame to shoot the Irish's Sunday game against Syracuse. I will have spent twenty hours in the car this week, and who knows how many miles.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos from this week. One is from the boys' state swimming finals on Saturday, and the other is a portrait of Homestead swimmer Ethan Radalia that I shot for my story on the Prep Sports page of The News-Sentinel.com . As it may have come to be apparent, I do like underwater photos. I'll post more photos later this week.



February 23, 2008 - Indianapolis, Ind. - Homestead's Zach Johnson starts with the backstroke in the first leg of the 200 medley relay championship final at the IHSAA state swim meet. Homestead finished seventh in the event, and the Spartans' team capped the meet with a fifth-place finish on Saturday at the Indiana University Natatorium in Indianapolis.




February 20, 2008 - Fort Wayne, Ind. - A relative latecomer to the sport of competitive swimming, Homestead's Ethan Radalia has pushed himself to succeed and he will swim in two events in the IHSAA state swim and dive meet on Saturday at the Indiana University Natatorium.

Photos by Chad Ryan

***Update - Ethan Radalia kicked it in high gear to log the third fastest second 50 yards of the 100 breaststroke race at the state meet and moved up from his eighth-place seeding to finish sixth, the second best finish of any Homestead individual swimmer at state. Not bad for a kid that barely made the varsity squad. I enjoyed writing the story about Ethan, and his performance at state was an inspiration to me.

No comments: