Sunday, April 20, 2008

Freedom pull one out

The Fort Wayne Freedom pulled out a last minute come-from-behind victory over the Rock River Raptors on Saturday. After the game coach Willie Davis breathed a big sigh of relief. He really wanted that game, and it didn't matter that the Freedom only led for a grand total of 43 seconds. The win was huge for the team that really needed one. check out my story for The News-Sentinel on the SportSunday section here.

The announced attendance for last night's game was 3,069. I would guess that to be pretty close. It definitely looked like more fans came out than for the other two games here in town. The guys on the team that I talked to last night all talked about how much appreciated the fan support at the game, and hope more fans can make it this week.


I was told by CIFL co-owner Jeff Spitaleri on Wednesday that he would be in attendance at last night's game and would possibly be able to give new information about the front office shakeup that seems to be in motion. I'm not saying he wasn't there, but I didn't see Spitaleri anywhere. So I was not able to speak with him about any new details. I hope to find out more later this week if/when new information comes out.

The Freedom have another home date this Saturday when the Marion Mayhem comes to town for a 7 p.m. start at Memorial Coliseum.

No comments: