Saturday, December 29, 2007

Basketball, Basketball, and more Basketball

Bishop Luers' DeShaun Thomas, center, floats to the basket, laying in two of his game-high 35 points in the Knights' 67-60 win over Northrop in the SportONE SAC Holiday Tournament. Thomas, ranked the No. 1 prospect for his age group, averages more than 30 points a game for the Class 3A No. 1-ranked Knights. Thomas led the state in scoring last year as a freshman and is on track to break Bishop Luers' all-time scoring record in just his second season with the team.

Photo by Chad Ryan.


The annual SportONE Summit Athletic Conference Holiday Tournament is in full swing, and I have been shooting many of the games. The SAC tourney is down to the fiinal four in both girls and boys brackets, and the champions will be crowned Saturday night. I got to the venue early tonight to set up a remote camera. I originally intended to set up something I haven't done, but the logistics didn't work out with the venue's staff, so I went with a backboard remote, and I got a couple of decent photos. I think I'll try again for the finals.

*****Note - For the "right-clickers" amongst us: Before deciding to illegally download photos from this site, please consider that my work is strictly copyright protected. It is NOT part of the public domain, and absolutely NO UNAUTHORIZED USE is permitted under any circumstances. Contact me by email through this site for information on how to obtain licensing for the use of my images. We'll discuss your needs and how I can help you meet them.

No comments: